At some point, we all find ourselves or someone we love entering into a transitional phase of life where changes in physical functioning, mental capabilities, life interests, finances and social supports all begin to affect our well-being and level of contentment. Providing and arranging for the care of a loved one can be an emotionally difficult and complicated endeavor full of fear, guilt and sadness. These emotions cloud our perception and interfere with our ability to make objective decisions which are often life changing and irreversible.
A professional care manager has the expertise and knowledge to assist you and your family in making sensitive, yet objective decisions. Bonney can provide you with all the necessary information and resources specific to your needs and help you systematically consider all available options. Her services allow you to focus on enjoying warm memories and simpler tomorrows without worrying about providing social services that are time-consuming and stressful.
During your time of need, she can:
- Conduct care-planning assessments to identify problems, eligibility for assistance, and need for services;
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home help or other services;
- Review financial, legal, or medical issues and offer referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems and conserve assets;
- Provide advice on Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare D, and supplemental plans;
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance, making sure things are going well and alerting families to problems;
- Assist with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, care home, or nursing home;
- Provide consumer education and advocacy; and
- Offer counseling and support.
Please feel free to contact Bonney DosSantos to see how we can help you and your unique situation.